Thursday, May 26, 2011

my brain THREW up

A while back I was commissioned to zombify the band Threw. So like most jobs I started off with a big B A N G - lots of doodles, lots of excitement, lots of great ideas.

Then like most jobs a distraction turned up, family issues arose, something in my head told me I couldn't do it, blah blah blah.

Then ... like most jobs ... I got the fire back and started ripping into the idea with a vengeance. Ink and paint flew everywhere ... it got messy.

A n d ... like most jobs ... I finished it.
It looks much better in real life ( so many details are lost ) ... and it measures about 11" x 15" ... one of the largest images I've ever done as a commission. I see so many parts I would like to redo or modify and adjust but I can't. It now belongs to the band.

And my wife said I worked on it long enough. She did the math ... apparently I only got paid about 2 bucks an hour to do this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment