Thursday, January 11, 2018

Square skulls are square man ...


Currently my youngest boys are running around playing a war game of sorts ... the kind that no one loses in but sometimes tears are shed. I have my headphones on, well actually they're Calebs headphones, and Bauhaus is playing. The music drowns out the giggling kids and clanking dishes that Monica is getting ready to wash. 

It's just me and this computer right now .... and I have no idea what I want to say.

I could type about what it's like to have no home wifi but it's only day two. No one has freaked out yet ... early days. ;)

Insanity could be just around the corner though ... the FOMO could strike at any time but I feel confident that I can overcome it. Ever since I beat the selfloathing troll back in to it's cage I am feeling very confident about a many things. 

Still more work to do though

Speaking of work ... this skull, which is for sale in my shop ( http://thehorde.storenvy.com ) is part of a larger work which will be revealed over the next few days or so. It's actually the brain child of my wife who has shown a great deal more interest in helping me get my career going faster, which is very exciting.

In fact, she is taking charge to make sure I get my shit together. Everything from getting mail out in time to creating prints and other merchandise in time for the Winkler Comic Con in Feb.


Why a skull though ... what's up with the skull trend lately Byron?? I just really like drawing and painting skulls right now. It's a phase I'm sure, and one that I am having a lot of fun with and might even be attributed to a huge influence from another artist named Jed Leiknes who i discovered on instagram a few months back. I really liked the energy and feeling his skulls had and it made me want to get better at them.

Sadly ... Jed took his own life a few days before Christmas. Sorry to bum you out. It kind of affected me somewhat. He was younger than me and had a lot of great going for him, but there was something else that ate at him ... I didn't know the guy at all and was just a fan but damn. It shook me to my core and in a really twisted sort of way helped me get back on my own path. 

Ugh ... mental detour there for a moment. Should I keep it or delete it ... I'll leave it because it's true and there should be no shame in sharing a feeling like that.

So .. um... skulls ... I like them and I'm getting better at them and there will only be so many made in my life and after that there will be no more, so you should go buy this one before someone else does ;)
Help an artist out ... 


I don't know how I ended up here after starting up there but I'm stopping when we get to the next period. Have a great night, because it's night time here, and I'll have a new image tomorrow.




CYA .... oppps

No comments:

Post a Comment