Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Future Behind the Past ... But it's really the Present


artwork created Jan8 2018
posted on blogger Jan10 2018, the day the internet died

Well this is a damn crazy thing ... I don't quite know what to say ... It's just another blog post in a series of blog posts spanning multiple years ... but this one might be a long one ... maybe. I keep re-reading what I type and then deleting big chunks. I'll try to keep the chatter down.

First off ... I am without home internet right now. I'm uploading this from Tim Hortons, the library or somewhere. I'm actually typing this at home on the laptop, then somehow transfer it to the phone, then go to the free wifi spot to upload. I'm hopeful that I can transfer the text easily. If you're reading this then huzzah! Success.

Secondly ... there are still a few people that I have not sent artwork out too. If you haven't heard from me in a while I'm really sorry about that and please email me again ... if you have emailed me and didn't get a response I will send it shortly. Thanks for all the patience, everything is almost sorted and these delays should not happen again.

Third ... um ... the artwork. I'm going to try to post a new macabre art piece on a daily basis. I really want to get this blog back to a daily routine ... I really need the routine. It's been an extremely rough patch mentally, almost fatal, but through much digging some things have been figured out. One of them is the routine. So ... consider this the first post of my new routine. Let's hope the next one is tomorrow ;)

Regarding this paticular drawing, the title of this blog post is the title of this drawing.

There is reasoning behind the drawing, more than even I realized when I was drawing it. The one that no one but myself knows is that the skull behind the skull is supposed to be the same skull, only drawn the day after the first skull was drawn. Hence the title, at least the first part. 
The Future Behind the Past ...

The second part ... but it's really the Present is a big nod to the fact that I was drawing the future behind the past in the present. obviously right?

But then it gets deep, especially today as the wifi is shut down and I realize I still haven't finished certain things that I wanted to finish several days ago. There's more to say but I need way more time to figure out the right way to say it. The central message that I'm reading from all this is that you need to start doing TODAY what you wish you had started a long time ago so that you don't have to regret not starting again.

Does that even make sense?

Moving along to number FOUR

It's also about the artwork ... I am starting to post my daily artworks for sale in my store. I'm only offering them up when they are ready to ship ... that way I don't get bogged down again with delays in shipping. 
So if you dig this piece and want to own the original, check out my store at http://thehorde.storenvy.com and buy my artworks ... I'm actually selling originals at a really affordable price right now as I rebuild myself, so take advantage while you can ;)
There will be prints available through redbubble or such stores in the near future ... I would like to eventually offer signed prints but I'm not there yet.

the FIFTH item ... man ... this is getting long

Commissions ... I am no longer taking commissions.
If you really really REALLY want me to paint a picture for you, then feel free to contact me. Just be warned, my terms of agreement include me being allowed to take 6 months to create and mail out your picture. It's not for any other reason than my own mental well being. If you're cool with that, let me know.

um ... sorry ... if you're still here then you're better than I am. I stopped re reading a long time ago.
SIX ... 
Nancy Scuri and I have been creating new Two Sentence Horror stories for 300 stories as of Jan 11 2018 ... so check that out. www.twosentencehorrors.com 
300 of anything is quite a bit ... maybe I should try to finish that 1000 zombies project.

There are also some Big changes coming to my Patreon as well as Two Sentence Horrors ... I'm going to have to save that for a different post though. I could go on and on I'm sure ... I'll end with a huge thank you to everyone who has stood by me and supported me over the last few years. I feel like I've let some of you down recently and I really hope to get in to this routine and make it up to you in the very near future.

That's it for now ... go draw something and post it to me. Cheer me up a little.

oh ... and don't be mad if I don't respond right away ... I'm offline
Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment