Sunday, November 4, 2012

Movember Mother Teresa Zombie with a Mustache

It's Movember and all month long I'm drawing girls and ladies, fictional, historical or otherwise, as zombies with mustaches. If you want yourself drawn, or a special lady in your life, make a donation of any size to my movember donation page http://mobro.co/idrawzombies and then send me an email to let me know who gets zombified.  

Here's a sorta step by step of my process for creating Zombified and mustachioed Mother Teresa.

As always I start by taping my paper to the board using painters tape.

The I red line main shapes and lines of what Mother Teresa looks like. This is my loose sketching stage.

After the red lines I put down the main colors. As with most of my zombies, its greens and reds. I almost forgot to take a picture at this stage. 

After the main color blocks are in I go and ink it up with black, and also use the red pen to fill in some red details. I also define the shading a little more with paint too.

And then I forgot to take any other step by step pics because I got to involved with it. Mostly its a bit more inking to define and the shapes and vary the line weights, and some highlight paints and more layers for shadows. After the tape comes off you get nice clean edges and a more finished look to the piece.

Any questions leave a comment or send me an email. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. This was neat to see a glimpse into how you work. I had a few questions though, because this is the first I've seen a non digital artist work their medium this way. Any particular reason you ink in red, then black? Also, what kind of paint do you use? Is it straight from the tube or do you blend it out/wash it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there, sorry for the delayed response. I'm not used to comments here :)
    I use the red ink because its easy to cover up if I need to, and ... I'm drawing zombies so there's lots of blood and the red ink just adds to the overall effect.
    As for the paint, I squirt it from the tube in to a palette of sorts and blend in there, wash it out on the paper, and just play with it until I feel its done. It's quite a mess really.
    Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete